The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in over 20 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Field Officer based in Cuenca in Ecuador. NCBA CLUSA is implementing a USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer Program (F2F). The F2F Program promotes sustainable economic growth and agricultural development worldwide. Volunteer technical assistance from US farmers, agribusinesses, cooperatives, and universities helps developing countries to improve productivity, access new markets, and conserve environmental and natural resources. The people-to-people exchange promotes international goodwill, understanding of US foreign assistance programs, and private involvement in development activities. F2F volunteers work with farmers, producer groups, rural businesses, and service providers to develop local capacity necessary to enhance food security, increase incomes and economic growth, and address environmental and natural resource management challenges.
The Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Field Officer is an employee of NCBA CLUSA based in Ecuador and reports to the Farmer-to-Farmer Ecuador Country Director. The Field Officer will manage volunteer assignments under the F2F Cacao and Coffee project to meet objectives set forth in the contracted work plan.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Identify and recruit appropriate host organizations to participate in the F2F project. Work closely with NCBA CLUSA host organizations and partners to determine what needs could best be addressed by F2F volunteers. This position will require frequent domestic travel, as the majority of communication with hosts occurs in person and in the communities where the hosts are based.
- Design F2F volunteer activities in the form of Assignment Scopes of Work that create measurable economic impact for host organizations. Liaise with host organizations to collect baseline information and set up agenda for volunteers’ assignments so they may implement the activities requested.
- Accompany, assist, and facilitate trainings for volunteers for the duration of their assignments, which are on average 15-25 days. Make all in-country arrangements for volunteers, including lodging, transportation and meals.
- Follow up with host organizations to gather feedback on the impact of volunteer assignments, particularly for the mid-term impact assessment and final report.
- Document and report on volunteer activities using Volunteer Assignment Scopes of Work, Volunteer Assignment Reports, weekly reports, milestone reports, USAID standard indicator reports, and any other additional reports or materials requested. All written reports, including e-mail communications, must be prepared in English.
- Communicate with volunteers prior to departure to provide guidance on training development, advise on cultural questions, and facilitate communication between the volunteers and the host organizations.
- Orient volunteers to the program upon arrival, providing an overview of the assignment, local culture, expectations for the trip, provide translation between volunteer and host organization, etc.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Advanced English and Spanish with ability to translate is required.
- A university degree, preferably an advanced degree in a relevant subject. Technical knowledge of agriculture or environment is helpful.
- At least two years professional experience in assignments relevant to the F2F Program and the region.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions independently.
- Ability to work with a diverse audience.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of and contacts in the local agribusiness (cacao and coffee) sector.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.
Nivel Jerárquico: Empleado
Estudio Mínimo Necesario: Grado Terciario Completo
Áreas de estudio:
Edad: Desde 18 Hasta 70 Años
Tipo de Trabajo Tiempo Completo Género Ambos sexos Años de experiencia mínima 1 año de experiencia Conocimientos en TRES CIENTOS TRILLONES DE DOLARES EN MEGA...
Publicado hace 21 días
Constructora con mas de 15 años en el mercado, requiere arquitecto de nivel jerárquico para liderar la construcción de una plaza de locales comerciales en...
Publicado hace 17 días
Tipo de Trabajo Tiempo Completo Género Ambos sexos Años de experiencia mínima 1 año de experiencia Conocimientos en 300000000000000000.000 TRES CIENTOS...
Publicado hace 24 días
Tipo de Trabajo Tiempo Completo Género Ambos sexos Años de experiencia mínima 1 año de experiencia Conocimientos en $300'000'000'000'000'000.000 TRES...
Desde Diario El Universo - Guayas
Publicado hace un mes